It's been awhile!
I needed to take a break from the blog for a lot of reasons. The biggest of them being I was trying to keep a tiny human alive of course. But I've also gotten a bit tired of social media. Do you guys feel the same? It all started to feel really ingenuine and like I'm just being marketed to constantly. Not to mention I was feeling this enormous pressure to keep up with a "brand" that I had entirely created the terms for myself.
Somehow my blog got tangled up in all of that, but after a few months away I realized I really missed writing and sharing bits of life here. So I'm back! Ready to focus a lot more of my attention here (a new website is FOR REAL coming soon), and a lot less worrying about social media.
Since I haven't been here in awhile (my last post was at the end of EP's newborn phase!), here's a rundown of everything that's been going on the last 9 months:
- I got pretty overwhelmed with some postpartum anxiety (on top of my normal anxiety). I ended up going to a lot of therapy and talking to a lot of moms. Thankfully my hormones did eventually return to normal and now I'm back to my normal level of anxiousness - haha. For real though - postpartum is no joke, and therapy is a seriously helpful tool!
- Our sweet dog Bella got extremely sick in the fall - first having surgery after an infection, then we found out she has an autoimmune disease. Then just this month we found out she has glaucoma and a minor cataract! We thankfully are managing her autoimmune disease and we fixed up the glaucoma, so she's back to playing ball every second of the day.
- Traveling has really been put on the backburner for us...hellooo parenthood! But we did take a weekend trip to Savannah with Elliott in October! I got no sleep, but we had lots of fun visiting the beach and our good friend Toree :)
- We started a podcast! For years we talked about starting a junk food podcast with our neighbor April and we finally pulled the trigger. We've got 10 episodes under our belt now!
- We celebrated Elliott's first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years! Holidays are so much for fun with a kid around!
- My sister had a baby girl! Ellott's now got a girl cousin two years older, and 8 months younger. I'm so glad she'll have girlfriends closeby to grow up with!
- I turned 30!
- Much like traveling, home renovations have definitely been on the backburner. We are SO close to being done with the kitchen though! We replaced the floors, appliances, counters, cabinets, and sink pre-baby. Since Elliott, we've hung some open shelving and added new lighting. We just need to do backsplash and get a window treatment now!
- Eric went on tour TWICE. We survived - barely.
- Elliott and I took a weekend trip to the mountains with three other mama's and their babes. It was exhausting and fun and so needed all at once.
- I've gotten to design some seriously awesome stuff through NMC and freelance. Loved working on the new Kenan-Flagler site (go heels!), designing new shirts for YAFO Kitchen, and new menus and a mural for Paco's Tacos and Tequila.
- We lost an aunt and an old friend in the last couple months. Life can be so good and so sad all at once.
- Eric's younger brother got married! It was Elliott's first wedding – and last one I'll be taking her along with for awhile, whew!
- Speaking of weddings, Eric and I celebrated 4 years of marriage last month!
- and finally - we celebrated our girl turning ONE! More on that soon because we had the best day ever celebrating with loved ones, and this not-so-little baby of mine is so much fun these days.
It's good to be back :) If there's anything you'd like me to write about please let me know - I'm so excited planning out all the posts again!