I typically try to be project optimisim in this space and on social media. It's always a bit nicer to look back and see the highlights, but sometimes I just want to share the comically bad stuff that happens around here haha. Hoping to make this a reoccuring series, because life definitely isn't a picture-perfect instagram feed!
- Cloth diapering is basically like learning to diaper all over again. Yesterday while changing we had a poo-splosion that resulted in poo everywhere...including ELLIOTT’S HAIR. Yikes.
- I haven’t worn my $6k Invisalign since I got pregnant, except for a few times to jam it on there and make sure it will still fit. Currently dodging all calls from my orthodontist...
- The chickens have a badddd scaley leg mites infection- bugs that bury in their leg scales and cause build up, pain, and eventually some missing toes. It got exacerbated during the end of my pregnancy and Elliott’s arrival when I couldn’t really go out and examine their feet. Now I’ll be spending all weekend treating them, which includes scrubbing their coop and bathing their legs in oil everyday.
- In addition to the leg mites - we have a flea and palmetto bug (read: roach) problem at the house. #sendhelp
- I thought I’d have time for hobbies on my maternity leave, so our house is cluttered with puzzles, $100 worth of new painting supplies, books, and sewing equipment, and I’ve used all of it only once!
- Speaking of maternity leave - I only have 3 weeks left and I’m absolutely terrified as the only thing I’ve designed in 3 months is a cassette tape case for my husband’s band haha.
- I spent $40 on a blow up pool - used it a total of 30 minutes, and now it’s essentially a fancy heated dog bed for Miley