Sorry for the hiatus from this series guys - but I'm back! Baby-growing has been taking a toll on me the last few weeks - especially come Monday morning. I'm just hoping I can make it through the last couple weeks without growing much larger. I was told I resembled a lollipop this weekend, which I'm going to take as a compliment, but I'm not quite sure it is - ha! Here's what else has been happening:
1. We've officially finished all our baby-prep classes at the hospital! I'd heard a lot of mixed reviews on whether to take them or not, but in the end I'm glad we did. They definitely help me feel a little more prepared and gave me something to look forward to each week.
2. We had a minor driveway wreck this weekend, resulting in my new wheels heading to the shop for awhile and leaving us without a child-safe car - yikes. I won't go into the details and embarass Eric, but let's just say I'm pretty sure dad-brain is a thing :)
3. I've been trying to say no to straws when we go out to eat, but it's been especially hard at fast food restaurants. Here's to hoping they discontinue using them soon like McDonald's has in the UK!
4. This weekend we went to the 2nd Congregation Show - a vintage motocycle show put on by a local bike shop and Dice magazine. It's always so much fun to go with our friends and check out all the vendors and awesome bikes.
5. Last week was chock full of design events for me (last ones before baby!). I participated in a review panel for a branding class at Winthrop with some seriously talented students, and got to hear the sister co-owners of Hoodzpah give a talk to AIGA. Definitely check out their work if you haven't heard of them, they have such a killer style and are some of my favorite designers!
6. I just discovered this Charlotte-based decor shop and I can't wait to check them out soon - I'm very into all their planters!